Is this a factory cab or a homemade ?
Altec Lansing 415 A Biflex 15" Speaker with Original Corner Cabinet | eBay
1958 cabinet plans
Attachment 2326
Is this a factory cab or a homemade ?
Altec Lansing 415 A Biflex 15" Speaker with Original Corner Cabinet | eBay
1958 cabinet plans
Attachment 2326

IMHO not factory. Look at the number of plies where the veneer is missing in the third pic. Too many. Also look at the front panel firring strips (5th pic)...molding. Something you use if it's laying around in your worksshop but not in a factory that has a customer who may reject it...
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Dunno, never seen one up close, plus manufacturers don't always follow the drawings, especially if there's a time 'crunch' on delivery, but if it's not, it's one of the best DIY replicas I've seen: http://hifilit.com/Altec/1959-j.jpg
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

I count 9-10 plies on the plywood on the back panel in the 10th pic.. Dunno I think it is original..Agree with GM if it isn't best DIY replica I have seen as well.Now the grill cloth looks like an original Newcastle Grill Cloth Fabric to me from back in the day.
Bookmarks